For this 4th edition of the U23 Mediterranean Athletics Championships, we will meet in Italy, in Pescara, on 10 and 11 September 2022. Pescara, a tourist city full of beauty for its landscapes and monuments, is the largest city in the Abruzzo region.
It is on the Adriatico – Giovanni Cornacchia Stadium that our athletes from 28 federations will compete in 40 events. The stadium is an important venue for national and international championships. 8 lanes track, a large warm-up area, easy access parking, changing rooms with shower and 20,000 seats in the stands.
– Running: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, 100/110m hurdles, 400m hurdles, 3000m steeple
– Walking: 20 km (road)
– Jumps: High Jump, Pole Vault, Long Jump, Triple Jump
– Throws: Shot put, Discus Throw, Hammer Throw, Javelin Throw
– Relays: 4 x 100m, 4 x 400m
Pescara airport is only at 6.5 km from the stadium and around 15km from the hotels.
Roma airport is at 240km from Pescara.
– Dedicated buses will be provided for transportation during the stay.
Official period is from Friday 9 September to Monday 12 Septembre.
Extra period will be charge to the Member federation at the rate of 105 Euros per person for full board accommodation (145 Euros for a single room).
– The preliminary entry form, received by the federations, must be registered online by 9 June 2022 at the latest.
– The final entry form, must be returned no later than 31 August 2022.
– Each federation may enter one athlete per event. In order to enter a second athlete, the athlete must have achieved the required qualification standards. For the 10,000m and for the 20km walking (road) a third athlete may be entered under the same conditions as for the second.
See technical/download sections for details, including quotas per member federation and qualification standards.
Thursday 8 September :
- Morning: Arrivals (extra night)
Friday 9 September :
- Morning: Arrivals
- Afternoon: Official training, Technical Meeting
Saturday 10 September :
- Afternoon: Competition
Sunday 11 September :
- All day: Competition
- Evening: closing diner/party
Monday 12 September :
Tuesday 13 September :
- Morning: Departures (extra night)
Final programme will be available in a the coming weeks.