Extract of the event regulations (you can download the complete document at the bottom oh this article).
Mediterranean Athletics Union organise its 2nd U23 Championships in Tunis, 4 & 5 June 2016. The competition will be held in Rades Stadium in links with the Athletic Federation of Tunisia.
- The MAU U23 Championships shall be staged in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
- The programme shall comprise the following events for Men and Women: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1.500m, 5.000m, 10.000m, 100m/110m hurdles, 400m hurdles, 3.000m steeplechase, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay.
- All MAU Member Federations shall be entitled to enter athletes in the MAU U23 Championships. No athlete may take part in the MAU U23 Championships unless entered by the MAU Member Federation which he/she is eligible to represent in accordance with the IAAF Rules.
- Teams representing a Country of less than 50,000 inhabitants can send athletes who are not citizens of this country, at the condition that these athletes can proof that they are resident and have an athletics license in this Country since at least 3 years without interruption at the date of the competition and have no participation to a continental or world championship with any other country.
- Only athletes aged at least 18 (eigtheen) and not more than 22 (twenty two) years on 31 December of the year of the competition may participate in the MAU U23 Championships For the competition of 2016, athletes have to be born in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 or 1998.
- A MAU Member may enter one athlete in each event, irrelevant to any standard. Other athletes must comply the qualification standards.
- A MAU Member Federation may up to 3 (three) athletes in each individual event of whom up to 2 (two) may participate provided all of them shall have achieved the qualifying standard for that event. For 10.000m events, the 3 athletes can participate.
- Each MAU Member Federation may enter 1 (one) team in each relay event. Up to 6 (six) athletes may be entered for each relay. From these 6 (six) and from any other athletes entered for any event in the MAU U23 Championships, the 4 (four) athletes to participate must be nominated at the time specified for the Final Declaration.
- Entries : Preliminary entries will be closed March 4th / Final entries will be closed May 24th / Final Declarations will be made on site.
MEMBER FEDERATION FINANCIAL RESPONSABILITY
- MAU and host federation are responsible for the costs for 3 days full board accommodation according to the MF quotas, as well as local transportation.
- Participating MAU Member Federations are responsible for the travel costs to and from the official airport and accommodation of their team for people outside quota or official period.
- MAU Member Federations are responsible for taking out their own insurance to cover illness or injury to any member of their party when travelling to and from and during the MAU U23 Championships.
- Official airport is Tunis-Cathage (TUN).
- Official hotel is Mouradi Gammarth***** located 20 km from the airport and 25 km from the competition site. Hotel info is available on the website www.elmouradi.com
- Rooms will be booked from Friday 3th June (arrival) until Monday 6th June (departure). Team can come earlier or leave later, at its own charge.
- The LOC is paying full board for the period indicated above, for one official by team and the number of athlete’s part of the quota with a minimum one athlete of each gender.
- Additional persons or days will be charged at the rate of 90 €uros/person/day.
- Members of these 8 MAU MFs need a visa to enter Tunisia: .ALB – CYP – EGY – ISR – LIB – PLE – SYR.
Download the full English and French version here